Liverpool have been chasing the signature of Xherdan Shaqiri for a while now, and it looks as if they will finally get their man after the Swiss international gave his permission to be sold. The potential move for Shaqiri to Anfield has been repeatedly flagged up by coach Jurgen Klopp, who has called the 26-year-old a “world-class player” and insisted that he is frustrated at not being able to bring him to Anfield.
Liverpool have already signed one player from Serie A in the form of striker Mohamed Salah, and could be on the verge of adding another to their ranks. The Mirror reports that Reds boss Jurgen Klopp has made contact with former Inter Milan star Xherdan Shaqiri – and could make a bid of around £12million to secure his services.
We have heard reports that the Ligue 1 giants Lyon are preparing a move for Liverpool’s Swiss winger Xherdan Shaqiri. Shaqiri has been in fine form for the Reds this season, but we think he would suit Lyon’s style of play.
7:35 p.m. Eastern
Nick Judd is a writer who specializes on transfers.
For the main European leagues, the summer transfer window is entering its last month, which means the top teams are trying to make a statement in the market before the new season starts. Check out the newest rumors below, then go here to view all of the official agreements.
Lyon have made an offer to Liverpool for Xherdan Shaqiri.
Lyon is said to have contacted Liverpool about Xherdan Shaqiri, an out-of-favour forward.
L’Equipe reports that Liverpool is seeking to recover approximately £12.75 million in order to allow the Switzerland international to depart Anfield for greener pastures.
Shaqiri has confessed that he wants to leave Liverpool because he is far down the pecking order under Jurgen Klopp, and he was left out of the Reds’ preseason friendly victory against Osasuna on Monday night.
Shaqiri is under contract with Liverpool until 2023, but Lyon manager Peter Bosz is a huge admirer of the dynamic left-back, and the Ligue 1 club is said to have made an undisclosed bid.
Shaqiri’s salary, on the other hand, may be a stumbling barrier for Lyon, and if that is the case, expect Napoli, Sevilla, Lazio, and Villarreal to come forward.
The 29-year-old scored three goals for Switzerland at Euro 2020, but just one for Liverpool in 22 appearances last season.
– Watch ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (available in the United States only) – ESPN+ viewers’ guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, and more (available in the United States) – Don’t have ESPN? Get immediate access
GOSSIP ON PAPER
– According to Santi Aouna of FootMercato, Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal are both interested in signing Bordeaux’s 21-year-old midfielder Yacine Adli. Both teams are believed to be working on a proposal, with AC Milan having previously made an offer of £10 million for the French offensive midfielder. Bordeaux, on the other hand, wants to get a bigger price, therefore they’re interested in hearing what Spurs and Arsenal have to offer. Lille is also considering Adli as a replacement for Renato Sanches, who is expected to depart the club.
• Barnwell’s greatest moves: 100-51 | 50-1 • January transfer ratings • Major transfers just completed
– According to The Athletic, Tottenham midfielder Tanguy Ndombele is contemplating his future in the capital. After being left out of Spurs’ Saturday match against Arsenal, they think the 24-year-old Frenchman will spend August pondering his choices. Ndombele has failed to find his best form since joining Spurs in 2019, and despite the fact that his current contract expires in 2025, he may be on his way out only 12 months after being linked with a transfer away from the Londoners.
– If PSG were to finalize the acquisition of Barcelona forward Lionel Messi, they will have to consider selling players like Abdou Diallo, Thilo Kehrer, Idrissa Gueye, and Rafinha. That information comes from The Athletic, which claims that Mauro Icardi and Ander Herrera are on their way out of the Parc des Princes. Mauricio Pochettino would have to simplify his playing group if Messi accepts a two-year contract, as has been rumored.
– According to AS, PSG’s need to comply with FFP rules in the wake of Messi’s imminent arrival may help Real Madrid in their pursuit of Kylian Mbappe, a 22-year-old forward. The France striker is hesitant to extend his current contract, and with Neymar having just signed a new agreement and Messi’s coming, Mbappe seems to have little wiggle space with the PSG board. Madrid has been very quiet in the transfer season so far, and it’s possible that they’re waiting to see how the Messi story unfolds before making a bid for long-term goal Mbappe.
– According to Fabrizio Romano, AC Milan is coming closer to signing Roma right-back Alessandro Florenzi. As a loan deal for Diogo Dalot seems to be on the verge of collapsing due to a lack of agreement between Milan and Manchester United on a loan price, a deal for Florenzi appears to be nearing conclusion. According to Romano, talks are nearing a conclusion, and the Rossoneri want to sign the 30-year-old on a loan with a purchase option.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- liverpool fc news
- liverpool news
- xherdan shaqiri transfer news
- liverpool fc fixtures
- xherdan shaqiri