We didn’t used to have wedding planners, but now we’ve had them for a few years. Just explain all our needs and requirements, and most importantly your budget. A wedding planner will plan everything for you. They will present you with different plans so you have a choice. A wedding planner can be very useful for any wedding. You have a lot of creativity, and if you think you can be creative too and want to plan another job, the job of a wedding planner is a good choice. You don’t always have to choose these routine things as your profession.
For all those who aspire to a career as a wedding planner in India, here is some very useful information. You can review all the information before deciding whether or not this is the right profession for you. So let’s get started.
Who is a wedding planner?
If you are in a hurry for your wedding and are looking for someone who can save you all the tedious work of planning your wedding, this is the wedding planner who can help you. Wedding planners are professionals who are trained to organize weddings for people who have less time or who want everything to be perfect for their wedding. From small weddings to destination weddings, these wedding planners can do it all for you.
Right at your wedding venue, they take care of everything: The food, the flowers, the dress, the photos and everything else that goes with your wedding. However, you can always adapt it to your needs. You can ask them to take care of certain parts of the arrangement and you can do the rest yourself. The choice of the wedding planner is entirely up to you. In the past, friends or relatives would take care of the wedding preparations, but nowadays people find it difficult to fit time into their busy schedules.
As a wedding planner, you need to ensure coordination with all other people involved in the wedding planning process. You need to make arrangements with the caterer, the floral decorators and all the other people involved in organizing the wedding. As a wedding planner, you have to develop a plan and make sure that the plan is executed as planned and that nothing goes wrong. Your planning begins a few days before the wedding, and you should start implementing it on the day of the wedding and in the days after.
The organization of a wedding should be done in accordance with the budget and the number of guests who will participate.
Licensing requirements are the first thing you should look for when considering becoming a wedding planner. There is no specific degree or qualification to become a wedding planner. Instead, you can get training from any wedding planning company. But there are some good courses offered in India that you can pursue after completing 10+2. These courses offer you extensive knowledge in a very systematic way, so you can excel as a wedding planner. Besides the course, there are other skills that can help you do your job better, and we have listed them in the next section.
How do you become a wedding planner?
If you are looking for detailed information on how to become a wedding planner, we have some useful information for you here. This information will give you a clear idea on how to become a wedding planner.
- Once you’ve finished your 10+2 course, try checking online for institutes, colleges or universities that offer undergraduate or diploma courses in event management or wedding planning. An associate’s degree or a bachelor’s degree can be very helpful.
- If you are planning to have a bright career in wedding planning, you should opt for a master’s degree in wedding planning. You can even start your own business. Management skills are more important for a wedding planner, and you can only learn these skills in a master’s program.
- If there are wedding planners in your area who offer courses, you can sign up for those as well. They help you plan a wedding in real time. This will not only give you knowledge, but also a lot of experience.
So here are some of the best ways to become a wedding planner. You can choose any of them depending on the career you are looking for.
Some of the best courses for marriage planning as a profession:
As we said earlier, to become a wedding planner, you need to gain a certain qualification or complete a certain course. But a good certification course, a diploma, a degree or a master’s degree in one of the best programs will help you get a better job. Not all companies only hire people with knowledge and experience. They also take into account your qualifications. So here are some courses you can try to take as part of your wedding planning:
- B.A. (Hons) (Event Management)
- Certificate in wedding planning
- Diploma in wedding and event photography
- Diploma in Wedding Planning
- M.B.A. (event management)
- Master in Event Management
These are just some of the dishes on offer. Due to the high demand for wedding planners, many colleges and universities offer different courses to learn how to become a wedding planner. You can find other colleges or universities near you online.
After completing your training as a wedding planner, you will have many career opportunities. Some of them are:
- Event organizers hire wedding planners with extensive experience in planning weddings. This will help the company reach new heights and succeed in the market.
- Hotels and resorts are the best places to start your career as a wedding planner in the beginning. You can work as an event coordinator and get good experience.
- Wedding planning companies also hire people who are knowledgeable about wedding planning. These companies deal exclusively with wedding planning, which means you have a great chance of finding a job and getting good experience.
- Bridal fashion stores also hire wedding planners to help the bride plan her wedding properly. It may not be a full wedding arrangement, but helping the bride with her hair, her dresses and other tasks.
- If none of these jobs seem ideal to you, then self-employment is the best choice for you to start your own business. You can be your own boss and coordinate events as you see fit.
Duties and responsibilities
As a wedding planner, you have certain obligations and responsibilities to take care of your clients. So, here’s what you need to do as a wedding planner:
- You have to be aware of the habits and rituals of the client.
- You must plan your wedding according to their requirements.
- The latest trends and the views of your customers play a very important role and should never be ignored.
- While planning a wedding, you have to work with different people, which means you have to have good skills.
- Make sure you discuss the entire wedding planning process with your client or whoever they hire. Take their commission before you start, otherwise you will end up making mistakes and it can also waste a lot of time and money.
- You need to manage the entire event from start to finish.
- Since the budget is always set by the wedding planners, you need to keep a close eye on it to make sure you are spending according to plan. If something goes up, you may have to pay for it out of pocket because the budget is already set.
- Communication plays an important role for the wedding planner. Whether it’s suppliers, customers or guests, you need to be able to share things in an easy way.
- You need to make sure that everything is organized and managed only according to the plan.
In addition to these tasks, there are many other things you may need to do depending on the situation.
So you need to be prepared for all the work that goes into the wedding. When it comes to a destination wedding, there is much more to organize and coordinate wedding planners.
If you have your own wedding planning business, the amount you earn depends on the size of the wedding. You can earn more if it’s a big wedding and a little less if it’s a budget wedding. It all depends on the wedding and the arrangement you are planning for the wedding. However, if you work for a wedding planning company, you can earn between Rs 25,000 and Rs 30,000 per month in the initial stages. As you gain experience, it will increase and there is no limit. It also depends on the kind of weddings you do and the kind of organization you work for.
Best schools to become a wedding planner in India
As we have already mentioned, a career as a wedding planner will not be an easy task for you. You’ll have to work hard. You have to be very careful about every little thing your client asks for. You must be able to decide if you can give the best within the budget the client provides. You must not miss a single moment that you have promised the customer. In simple terms: You just have to be very creative and do everything right and on time. For this, you need the best colleges that offer the best education in wedding planning. Here are some of the best universities in India that you can access.
- College of Events and Media, Delhi
- School of Handicraft, Delhi
- Delhi School of Event Management, Delhi
- Institute for Impact Management, New Delhi
- Indian Institute for Training and Development, Gurgaon
- National Academy of Event Management and Development, Jaipur, Delhi, Mumbai, Ahmedabad
- National Institute of Event Management, Mumbai, Tamil Nadu, Odisha, Ahmedabad
- Marriage Academy, Mumbai
Apart from them, there are many other colleges and educational institutions that offer wedding planning courses. You can also choose to take a course from some of the popular wedding planners in the state. They have their own business and also train people for their business. That way you can get both an education and a good job.
The wedding planner’s job is simply to coordinate with the rest of the team, but that’s not as easy as it sounds. You will have to work very hard to make sure the wedding goes exactly as the client wants and within their budget. But it’s an interesting job.
frequently asked questions
What qualifications are needed to organize a wedding?
Job Profiles Marrying…
Is marriage planning a good career in India?
Wedding planner – a good profession?
The media communications we…
Feedback,wedding planner salary in indiawedding planner course feeswedding planner course eligibilityhow to become a wedding planner for freeonline wedding planner course in indiawedding planner certification online,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,The Budget‑Sa… Wedding…,The Knot Ultimate Wedding…,A Practical Wedding Planner: A…,The Wedding Planner…,A Practical Wedding: Creative Id…,The Knot Book of Wedding L…,See more,wedding planner salary in india,wedding planner course fees,wedding planner course eligibility,how to become a wedding planner assistant,wedding planner certification online,how to become a wedding planner in canada,how to become a wedding planner for free,online wedding planner course in india