Writer Nick JuddTransfer
The January transfer window may seem like a distant memory, but that doesn’t mean the rumor mill is closed! Speculation is rife about the moves over the summer, so check out the latest gossip below and all the official listings here.
TOP STORY : Bavaria is interested in Kamawinga
France Football reports that Bayern Munich are hoping to sign 18-year-old Eduardo Camavinga from Stade Rennais in the coming weeks.
The transfer list, which also includes Borussia Monchengladbach’s 24-year-old Florian Neuhaus, is headed by Bayern’s Marco Neppe and Laurent Busser.
But while Neuhaus would be available for a transfer fee of up to €45 million, Camavanga could offer a better price.
Bayern have a solid duo in midfield with Joshua Kimmich and Leon Goretzka, who is reportedly close to signing a contract extension that will tie him to the club until 2026.
However, Bayern believe that they will never be able to replace Thiago Alcantara after his departure to Liverpool, so Camavanga fill their need for a defensive midfielder.
Bayern believe the club’s style of play and the league itself would suit Kamawinga and guarantee him playing time, the report said.
Kamawinga will join Deyot Upamekano and Kingsley Coman as the 10th French player to join Bayern.
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– ESPN+ Viewfinder : Bundesliga, Serie A, MLS, FA Cup and more.
Bayern Munich are looking for midfield reinforcements and Eduardo Camavanga of Rennes could be the solution. Catherine Stinkest/Getty Images
– Steve Bruce wants Joe Willock’s loan spell at Newcastle United to become permanent, according to the Sun. Willock scored the winning goal against West Ham United late on Saturday, boosting Newcastle’s chances in the battle for relegation. Willock also scored in the recent 2-2 draw with Tottenham. Bruce wants to negotiate a deal to keep the 21-year-old at St James’ Park beyond the summer, but thinks Arsenal want to keep him too.
– Barnwell’s best move: 100-51 | 50-1
– January transfer
– last major transfer made
– Ainsley Maitland-Niles has impressed during his time on loan at West Bromwich Albion and the Mirror are reporting that he is being targeted by a number of clubs in England and Europe. Midfielder Maitland-Niles has two years left under his contract at Arsenal, but Crystal Palace are the latest club to show interest in him. Leeds United and Monaco are also reportedly interested in the 23-year-old.
– According to Football Insider, Liverpool are considering buying Ollie Watkins. The Reds are in the market for a striker who has yet to really hit his stride this season and they have their eye on the 25-year-old, who has scored for Aston Villa in both games against Liverpool this season. Watkins scored 12 goals in 30 games in his first season in the Premier League.
– Paris Saint-Germain’s most likely candidate for Arsenal president, Hector Bellerin, tells Sport. The Spanish right-back is likely to leave this summer, although he still has two years of his contract to go.
– Santos star Angelo, 16, is in the interest of several European clubs, according to Calciomercato, and could get his release clause for less than €100 million. Several top clubs have had their eye on the young star, and the Brazilian giants are reportedly interested in letting him go to ease their own financial worries. He could be bought for around €60-70 million.