The number of people interested in college today is comparatively better than it was 5 or 10 years ago. If you are a person who would like to learn or study a different and interesting course, B.Sc. Meals are one of the best decisions you can make. The Bachelor of Science in Nutrition is a three-year, full-time degree program.
In this article, we cover everything you need to know about this course.
B.Sc. Advanced: Overview
B.S. The nutrition course is designed to give candidates advanced instruction in the various nutrients the body requires for its regular and harmonious functioning. Since we live in a very health conscious world, the scope of this course is enormous. The course teaches candidates the right amount of nutrition to keep the body fit, the science behind each nutrient and the science behind wellness, the environment and society.
The Bachelor of Science nutrition course also covers the concepts and effects of each type of food on human health, the reason for eating a certain food, how to eat a certain type of food, the ideal eating style, foods to avoid, etc. Simply put, the curriculum is combined with practical and theoretical learning elements. Unlike most other degrees, the BA. The nutrition course opens the door to doctoral studies and research and development (R&D).
B.Sc. Nutritional science Basic skills
B.C. The nutrition course is not like other courses, the general nature of the course is totally different. If the candidate is not interested in the course, it may be a waste of time and money. These are some of the skills or mindsets that a candidate must possess.
- The candidate must have a friendly character
- They should want to learn how the human body works and how it gets nutrients from food.
- The focus should be on the nutrients that each type of food contains.
- Must have interest in contributing to the establishment and development of a healthy society, free from health problems, etc.
- He/she must have good communication skills, be able to write, have the patience to listen to the client/patient.
- Must have good planning and administrative skills
Bachelor of Science in Nutrition Program : Authorisation
Applicants who wish to enroll in this course must meet the criteria below.
- The candidate had to serve 12 years. Pass the 3rd class of the Education Council recognized by the Government of India.
- He/she must have majored in physics, chemistry, mathematics and biology in grades 11 and 12.
- He must have gone down in the 12th. The test must achieve at least 55%.
- Candidates for the 12. Candidates for the exam can also provisionally register for this course.
- Graduate students who have completed a program associated with an undergraduate level degree. Nutrition also qualifies for this course.
B.Sc. Advanced course: General authorisation procedure
Most colleges and institutes in India accept candidates for the Bachelor of Science degree. The nutrition course is based on the results of the 12. Examination Board and the results of the entrance examination or grade. Moreover, the major institutes organize their own entrance exams to screen the total number of candidates. As of today, students must take the state or national entrance test.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences Entrance Examination
- Jawahar lal Nehru University entrance test.
- Delhi University Admission Test
There are three common entrance exams organized by the institutes.
B.Sc. Nutritional science Course duration
The Bachelor of Science in Nutrition program is a full-time program of up to 3 years duration. The three-year course is divided into 6 different semesters. 2 semesters per year. Each semester concludes with a final exam administered by the college or institution.
B.Sc. Advanced: Training programme
As mentioned earlier, the undergraduate nutrition program is divided into 6 semesters and each semester covers different topics and themes. Here is a list of the courses taught each semester.
|1 term||2 Term|
|Public health and nutrition 1||Public health and nutrition 2|
|The basics of computing||Mother and child health|
|Familiarity with food and nutrition||The importance of nutrition for the human body|
|Communication and personal development||Nutrient biochemistry|
|Food Chemistry||Family planning 1|
|Food and Nutrition||Human nutrition|
|3 semesters||4 semesters|
|Environmental Sciences||The importance of a balanced diet|
|Food Microbiology||Food preservation|
|Industrial control and plant design||Food Science|
|Food quality and quality assurance||The importance of nutrition|
|Family meal planning 2||Methods for the quality control of foodstuffs|
|Business mathematics and systems planning||The basis of a bakery|
|Semester 5||6 semesters|
|ethical and ecological studies||Diet and patient counselling|
|Management principles||Diabetic 2|
|Food packaging techniques||A balanced diet|
|Marketing methods for foodstuffs||Food biotechnology and canning|
|Dietetics 1||Food supply management|
B.Sc. Advanced: Compensation structure
Course fee for B.Sc. Nutrition courses can range from 1,200 INR per year to 90,000 INR per year. The cost of this course depends on the demand and reputation of the institution. Some colleges with better job opportunities often have higher tuition.
B.Sc. Advanced: Quarry
Graduates of a B.S. in food science can find employment in a wide range of industries. The profile and job description are below.
Nutritionist – plays a role in the prevention of diseases and health problems by recommending a balanced diet. A dietician is very different from a nutritionist. While a nutritionist works with sick people, a dietitian helps healthy people stay healthy by recommending that they eat a certain food group.
The nutritionist is a permanent member of the organization and his/her role is to provide technical assistance to staff in overseeing the nutrition program for children and adults.
Nutritionist – looks at the overall lifestyle of the client/patient and then makes recommendations on the individual diet to be followed.
Researcher – Conducts research and collaborates with team members to establish objectives and test parameters to reach a conclusion. They also make it easier to select the right data and evaluate a particular project.
Instructor – is responsible for teaching students about nutrition, advanced systems and standards.
B.Sc. Advanced: Higher education options
Graduates of nutrition courses can apply to institutions of higher learning, such as graduate schools. M.Phil. and Ph.D. in the same field or subject. People with a postgraduate degree in food can find work in government, the private sector and NGOs.
B.Sc. Advanced: Salary
Student Salary. Graduates in the food industry can get different types of jobs, and each job can pay a different salary. However, in general, as far as we know, the annual salary may vary from 3 to 10 lakhs.
B.Sc. Advanced: Best universities/institutions
Bachelor of Science Nutrition course is offered by several colleges across India but it is not possible to list all the colleges, instead we will list the best colleges in India that offer this course.
- AIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences), New Delhi.
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Stella Maris College, Chennai.
- ST. Xavier College, Calcutta.
- ST. Xavier College, Mumbai.
- Oxford College of Science, Bangalore.
- Hans Raj College (HRC), New Delhi.
- Suresh Gyan Vihar Institute, Jaipur
- Miranda College, New Delhi
- MCC (Madras Christian College), Chennai.
- MCC (Mount Carmel College), Bangalore.
- Sri Venkateshwar College, New Delhi.
- Ramjas College, New Delhi
- President’s College, Chennai
- Gargi College, New Delhi
- Ferguson College, Pune
- ST. Xavier College, Ahmedabad.
- Elphinstone College, Mumbai
- St. Mary’s College Joseph. Joseph Devagiri, Calicut.
- Hindu College, New Delhi.
As mentioned earlier, many colleges offer this course. However, you need to check if the college or institute you choose has received approval from the UGC government. Don’t waste your precious time and money on unapproved colleges/institutes.
frequently asked questions
Which BSc course earns the highest salary?
Science, articles, job offers…
How old is the BSc Nutrition?
What are the qualifications of a dietitian?
b.sc nutrition and dietetics jobsnutritionist course feesb.sc nutrition and dietetics scopebsc nutrition salarydietician course syllabusb.sc nutrition and dietetics entrance exam,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,Dr. BMN College of Home Sci…,Mount Carmel College A…,Lady Irwin College,Chandigarh University,Queen Mary’s College,Avinashili… University,See more,b.sc nutrition and dietetics jobs,b.sc nutrition and dietetics entrance exam,nutritionist course fees,b.sc nutrition and dietetics scope,government colleges for b.sc in nutrition and dietetics,bsc nutrition salary,b.sc nutrition and dietetics salary in india,dietician course syllabus